Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 20-25

 The Studio as Ritual Space 

    This week I decided to do a practice after work and before bed to allow myself to decide a perfect time to practice yoga. The last practice for class was done in the morning and that allowed me start my day. However, I have yet to try a yoga class right before bed. The opportunity has changed due to the pandemic, because we are kind of forced to go online/virtual. This was a shorter class because I did not get home till late so I squeezed it in. This practice was by MadFit on Youtube, her video was "20 min Full Body STRETCH/YOGA for STRESS & ANXIETY Relief".

    This practice felt way too short, 20 min. is not a long enough time for a yoga class. After doing this class, I prefer a longer session. This class felt more like stretching with a little yoga background. Though, Maddie had a studio set up so it felt a little more normal than just taking a class via Youtube. After work I was feeling tense and sore, so I am happy I decided to do this practice after this day. I still gained some relaxation and stretch from it. 

    I have yet to create a set space to practice my yoga. This practice was done in my room, where I had barley enough space to move. Though I felt more comfortable than I did in last weeks practice. The temperature was just right, and it was very quiet even with the windows open. It was nice because it is a familiar space for me so I did not feel out of place. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 13-18

Weekly Yoga Journal: Oct. 4-10