Ashtanga Yoga - October 15, 2020

     This Astanga Yoga class was taught by Andrew Eppler and demonstrated by his wife. Before class started he showed us a short video of Krishnamacharya and an interesting picture of him standing on a boy during an asana. This class felt to be more of an intermediate class, if I was comparing it to Anita's class. The calling was fast paced and the poses were kind of short, a few breathes each. I don't know if I was the only one sweating but I definitely had to turn my fan on. I had a hard time remembering to breath because of the fast pace. By the end and durning the salutations, in between poses, I finally got the breathing down. This was an interesting set of pose sequence I had not done before. I only remember doing sun salutations in between each pose in past classes however never upward facing dog to downward. I enjoyed this class. It showed me how out of shape I truly am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 20-25

Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 13-18

Weekly Yoga Journal: Oct. 4-10