Yoga Summary

 Through this semester I have gotten the opportunity to set my mind to something and achieve it. That goal was to do a yoga class at least once a week for the duration of the semester. I found that having this set schedule of doing yoga every week had helped me stay focused, in this class and other classes. 


In the beginning I found it was hard to stay motivated to do because the yoga classes that were available to take were online.  Though I found it was much easier to keep up with the classes and do them in my time. As well as getting a range of yoga classes that I might not have been able to find in person. 


The online classes felt less personal because they’re geared towards everyone willing to click on the video. So the sense of community in that sense lacked. It would have been an entirely different experience in which we were not in a pandemic, but I think I was able to achieve what I intended.  


In the sense that the community was lacking in a video it seemed as though a lot of the videos I encountered stripped the traditional yoga practices and made it their own. But in the sense that they were very Americanized. Which every instructor is entitled to add to their teachings. However after learning about the history and philosophies that go along with yoga I found it hard to associate these practices to the information we learned about. 


My favorite practice that we did in class was probably the Iyengar yoga. I like the practice because it focused more on stability and precision of the pose. I think I do better with that type of practice because it makes me focus on what I am doing in that point in time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 20-25

Weekly Yoga Journal: Sept. 13-18

Weekly Yoga Journal: Oct. 4-10